Here is a series of links to places that for one reason or another we find interesting. Since links are what the web is all about, we are always looking for more. If you’d like to make a suggestion, or if you wish to trade URL’s, please drop us a line.
These are some local sites.
- Beer & Winemaking Supplies: Now in their third decade in business, the good folks at this terrific shop have launched thousands of amateur brewing careers, and more than a few professional ones, too. Stop in and pay them a visit.
- Beyond Green Construction: Collaborative Teamwork – Integrated Design – High Performance Buildings – Specializing in Deep Energy Retrofits. The people who helped us create a more comfortable space while shrinking our carbon footprint!
- Northampton Chamber of Commerce: Look for Northampton visitor information, area directory, special events etc.
- Pioneer Valley Business Alliance for Local Living Economies: PVBALLE is a non profit group that encourages people in Western MA to think local first. They work closely with local independent businesses to make positive changes in our local economy, community and environment.
- The Frank Newhall Look Memorial Park: Browse the website of one of small town America’s most beautifully maintained parks
These are beer-related sites.
- Beer Advocate: Beer reviews, beer education, beer forums, beer articles, beer events…basically a great site for people who love beer
- Beertown: The Institute for Brewing Studies Beertown is well worth a visit.
- Pubcrawler.com: has a very useful database and seach system. This is an excellent site to consult before taking a trip anywhere.
Food for Thought
- Slow Food: Slow food, founded in 1986, is an international organization whose aim is to protect the pleasures of the table form the homogenization of modern fast food.
- The Eastern Seed Conservancy: The Eastern Seed Conservancy endeavors to preserve rare, genetic plant stock and in doing so is able to offer the public a sampling of rarity.